Senior backend engineer
Company is constantly growing and in order to support this growth we constantly need to improve the website and test new functionality. Our backend team have a wide range of tasks:
- Recommendations and personalization.
- Payment functionality (new plans, special offers).
- Website SEO.
- Performance updates.
- Multi region cloud support.
We are looking for an experienced java engineer who will work alongside us on these projects.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Develop features and improvements to the company product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
- Represent company and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
What We’ll Love About You (personality traits):
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
What You’ll Need to Have (required qualifications):
- Significant professional experience with Java or language required by the specialty, 7+ years experience.
- Experience with GraphQL, SpringBoot.
- Experience with PostgresQL 2+ years.
- Experience with cloud providers Amazon AWS or similar.
- Experience with Grafana/NewRelic or similar technologies.
- Experience with SPA is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems JVM profiling, database profiling).
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- CI/CD experience.
- TDD experience is a plus.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Competitive base compensation.
- Bonus program.
- Paid Time Off and Work From Home.
- A fun, creative and energetic work environment.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Telegram: @DigitalHRAgency.