The company is building a technology stack for modern analytics.
If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies but wants the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then this job is for you.
It's a small and dedicated remote-first team with an HQ in San Francisco, funded by top-tier SV investors, working on making advanced analytics infrastructure accessible to all developers around the world.
Most of the company's software is open-source, and they are focused on bottom-up adoption. Their goal is to grow the number of developers and companies using their tool from thousands to millions, and they also want to help them be successful.
That's why we're looking for a Senior Developer Advocate to join the company's Developer Relations and Community team.
As a Senior Developer Advocate, your main goal is to promote the product, increase its awareness and adoption, and support the community at large. You should have a background in software engineering, be excited about engaging with technical communities and have a knack for explaining technical concepts in a simple way.
This role provides a lot of freedom and lets you develop and bring to life creative ideas for how to increase the tool adoption among the developers and further improve their learning experience. It's also a very multi-faceted role that involves working with all sorts of content and channels: examples, blogs, docs, events, GitHub, Slack, Twitter, etc. And while we'll be always there to guide and help you, they expect you to be a manager of one.
Some of the things you'll be working on:
- Writing and Editing: working on tutorials and guides, collaborating with community members, and helping external contributors to create tutorials and blog posts.
- Code and Examples: creating and maintaining example applications built with their framework to highlight the different features of the tool.
- Website and Documentation: being a part of the team responsible for maintaining landing pages and documentation.
- Events: participating in different online and offline events to speak about the company's product as well as having an opportunity to organize their own events.
- Strong writing ability and skill in creating an engaging, highly technical copy.
- A strong interest and background in community building.
- A collaborative and feedback-driven mindset.
- An interest in learning more about databases.
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company.
- Availability to travel.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and databases.
- Experience in data engineering or building analytical applications Experience with React, Vue, Angular, k8s.
Send your CV to email@example.com