Business Data Engineer
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Responsible for establishing an integrated Data Strategy that is aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Provide vision, strategy and policy guidance for data acquisition, data usage and data management activities.
- Responsible for overall Data creation and standardization strategy, including intake, business rules-based transformation, data governance/integrity, architecture, and customer tools/applications in accordance with the company’s business goals and objectives.
- Partner with Engineering to define company's data infrastructure and maintain a solid grasp of company's evolving data warehouse, data management and analytics.
- Load data from different data sources into company's data warehouse using ETL processes.
- Closely interact with the members of the business and technical teams to ensure that Data concerns and priorities are addressed to achieve business objectives.
- Make sure that company collect correct data, consistently across different data sources (web, database, marketing) by maintaining and implementing proper systems and processes (data governance and data management practices)
- Lead improvements of company's data infrastructure by setting up new tools and services.
- Establish and maintain strategic working relationships with outside companies and/or software/data vendors.
- Develop KPIs, dashboards, ad-hoc analyses, and scalable processes for company-wide reporting. Own the “source of truth”.
What company would like to see from you:
- 5+ years in a business intelligence/data engineering/scientist role in a digital company (preferably marketplace or eCommerce startup).
- University degree in Mathematics, Business Analytics, Computer Science or similarly quantitative field.
- Professional working proficiency in English.
- Proven Data Governance track record with an emphasis on data policies, standards, and processes design, administration and compliance monitoring.
- Strong experience with Data Integration, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence program development and implementation.
- Expertise in ETL processes (preferably Airflow) | Experience from web scraping and data mining.
- Experience from UNIX/Linux systems (at least basic).
- Strong technical and analytics skills, especially with SQL and Python.
- Hands-on experience with BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.) and data warehouse technologies (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.). Experience with Segment is preferred.
- Expertise in Git operations (version control system).
- Experience from Product analytics tools (Google Analytics or Mixpanel) preferable, but not necessary.
- Organized approach to multiple parallel tasks and used to tight deadlines.
- Actively seeks new technology options and approaches to business issues.
- High attention to detail.
- Good communicator, especially written.
- Have a desire to manage a team of analysts as our organization grows.
What company offers:
- Competitive salary.
- Work from anywhere - full time remote (5/2, 9AM-6PM CET).
- Unlimited vacation policy.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Telegram @DigitalHRAgency