An American monthly subscription service for perfumes and colognes is looking for a Frontend Engineer.
The frontend team have a wide range of tasks:
- Payment functionality (new plans, special offers).
- Website SEO.
- Performance updates.
- Various marketing campaigns.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Develop features and improvements to the product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
- Represent the company and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
- Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
- Experience with GraphQL, NodeJS, TypeScript.
- Experience with cloud providers Amazon AWS or similar is a plus.
- Experience with Graphana/NewRelic or similar technologies is a plus.
- Experience with SPA is a must.
- Experience with Playwright is a plus.
- Experience with marketing tools (GA, Mixpanel) is a plus.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- CI/CD experience.
- TDD experience is a plus.
What You’ll Love About The Company:
- Competitive base compensation.
- Bonus program.
- Paid Time Off and Work From Home.
- A fun, creative and energetic work environment.