The product allows users to create and share voice stories and make them fun and engaging by using voice lenses.
They are creating an entirely new medium somewhere between traditional social media and audio apps — and working with some of the best talent in the world to pull it off.
As a Lead Back-end developer and first full-time engineering hire, you will have complete ownership and control over their entire codebase and development practice. Also, you will have the opportunity to help build out and lead a team as they scale.
As an early employee, you will get significant stock/equity and be responsible for helping create an entirely new product category the world has never seen before.
As a tiny team, they all cover a huge swatch of responsibility while moving fast. So,
This might be for you if:
- You are comfortable taking mockups and high level concepts and turning them into working product. Even better if you can help teammates do the same, and break up big tasks into simpler ones.
- You have a growth mindset and are excited to learn new things, especially when they are important for the team's success.
- You are able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment. You will at least need to be okay with that – and ideally, you will embrace it.
- You are impact-driven product thinker: You will be deeply involved in every aspect of the product development process, from prioritization and scoping to design. You will constantly need to weigh the need to invest in long-term improvements against the urgency of getting features out the door. They will rely on your independent judgment to make reasonable choices.
A dream candidate has:
- 3-6 years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of GO, SQL, REST, Google Cloud Services, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Good knowledge of micro services patterns.
- Good knowledge of GraphQL, graph DBs (e.g. Neo4j).
- Previous experience with JVM (Java, Scala) - bonus.
- Creative, eager to experiment.
- Working knowledge of English.
What the company can offer you:
- Competitive salary and employee stock options above the market.
- Opportunity to work alongside world class team and learn from them.
- Opportunity to become a Team Lead.
- 100% remote work.
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible vacation agreed upon during the hiring process.
- Great startup atmosphere, team spirit, and team events.
Send your CV to email@example.com