A company that develops high-accuracy maps for self-driving cars, is looking for a backend software developer. It's already working on pilots with major auto companies. Company’s computer vision software technology will make self-driving cars a reality for the masses and might save 1.3 million people that are killed every year on the road.
What you will do
We ingest terabytes of data every day containing information about the world's roads, crowdsourcing this data from our dashcam app. Smartphone users all over the world are using the app. If you have a passion for self-driving cars, machine learning, security, and infrastructure you can help us scale our back end to support hundreds of thousands of users. You'll not only help us build out the back end for our mobile app, but also support systems for machine learning and computer vision.
- Mastery of Python
- Self-motivated, ability to work on a remote team via Slack & JIRA.
- At least 5 years of experience working with servers and AWS
Preferably, experience with:
- API Design
- Lambda, Serverless, Django
- Databases (Postgres, PostGIS), ORMs, and SQL
- Spark, GIS, ideally some C++ exposure.
- Experience having written production unit-tested code for a company that supports at minimum thousands of users.
- Bonus: you also have some experience writing front end code, ideally React.js
- Bonus: Familiarity with OSRM, Open Street Map
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a dynamic startup environment
What company offers:
- Remote job with possible relocation to San Francisco
- Flexible work hours
- Compensation above market average
- Exciting opportunities for advancement in the company - future: lead a team of engineers.
- Equity as one of the first 10 engineers at the hottest self-driving car mapping company.
Send your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org