Company is funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VC firms and based in San-Francisco. Company is building the technology stack for modern analytics. If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb, and Facebook but wants the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then this job might be for you.
It is a small and dedicated team in San-Francisco working on making advanced analytics infrastructure developed at large tech companies access to all developers around the world. It is focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of the software is open-source.
Thousands of developers are using this framework to build analytics applications and we want to help them be successful.
As a Developer Evangelist, your main goal is to create, maintain and spread the content developers use as they're exploring and using a framework. This mostly includes the official documentation, tutorials, and example projects.
The role also provides a lot of freedom and lets you develop creative ideas for how the learning experience of framework users can be further improved and how to increase its awareness among the developers.
Some of the things you'll be working on:
- Writing and Editing: working on tutorials and guides, collaborating with community members and help external contributors to create tutorials and blog posts.
- Code and Examples: create and maintain example applications built with framework to highlight the different features of the tool.
- Landing Pages and Documentation: to be a part of the team responsible for maintaining landing pages and documentation. It includes updating the JAM-stack apps with new content, improving UI/UX and adding additional features.
- Events: to have an opportunity to organize and participate in different offline events to speak about the framework.
- Strong writing ability and skill in creating an engaging, highly technical copy.
- A strong interest and background in community building.
- A collaborative and feedback-driven mindset.
- An interest in learning more about databases.
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company.
- Availability to travel.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and databases.
- Experience in data engineering or building analytics applications.
- Experience with React, Vue, Angular, k8s.
- This is a remote position. Any location is ok if person can be online till 1 pm PTD/PST.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org